Friday, October 12, 2012

The Closed Loop - Introduction

Hello Everyone,

     I thought I would start a discussion blog in regards to the music industry which I have found myself growing up in.  My name is Joe Vitale Jr and I am the son of rock drummer Joe Vitale who has played with the Eagles, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby Stills and Nash, Joe Walsh, Peter Frampton, Dan Fogelberg among many more.  I am also a musician trying to cut my way through the unbelievably difficult path of trying to make it in the music industry.   Many think that because my a has played with a tremendous amount of groups that this has made a very clear and easy path for me.  While the name does help at times, the majority of the needed doors of opportunity, remain tightly sealed and or hidden. 

     This won't be a negative rant or anything like that but will give insight to techniques that we can all benefit from as struggling or starving musicians.  I like to stay positive despite the very hard work for low turnout or next to nothing for pay.  

In the next blog I will start by discussing the closed loop system of the bars and concert scene and some tips on how to navigate to a good deal for you both.  

Thank you for your interest in my blog and I will keep updating this constantly.  Please check out my official website for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment